Job Title: Senior Director of Community & Referral
Reports To: Vice President of Digital & Growth
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: NYC / Hybrid
Please note: This is a hybrid position and will require commuting to our Flatiron office in NYC 3 days per week.
We are the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), the world’s leading integrative health platform. IIN pioneered the health coaching profession 30 years ago with our flagship Health Coach Training Program, and today, we offer a variety of health, wellness, and coaching courses that empower people to find their purpose and connect them to a supportive global community. Our mission is to be the space where anyone can feel safe and inspired to explore what it means to feel their healthiest and happiest, and in the process, heal the world.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to unlock IIN’s passionate 150k+ global community and turn them into brand advocates, furthering our mission to heal the world. The Sr. Director of Community & Referral Marketing will lead IIN’s strategy and growth tactics to drive course enrollments via this important, complex channel. The role will be responsible for building out engaging, differentiated approaches across our four Community segments, Brand Ambassador program comprised of IIN graduates, our Visiting Faculty partnerships, influencers, and affiliate publishers. The candidate must be a strong communicator, can build relationships with our community both 1 on 1 and at scale, as well as be a creative thinker and self-starter to unlock advocacy and direct impact for the business. Most importantly, this person needs to be comfortable leveraging tools, technology, and data to create insights and make decisions to further optimize efforts.
- Build a new approach for our community and referral program to support IIN’s evolution from a Health Coach Training to a global integrative health platform with 18 course offerings
- Set annual enrollment targets and translate into goals, objectives, and strategy for each of the 4 referral programs
- Grow program driving monthly sign-ups and develop first 90 days program to activate new members
- Do competitive and landscape research to identify opportunities to differentiate and be innovative in program approach and offering
- Assess tools & technology to drive scale and find balance between high touch & mass communication and engagement plans
- Define key performance indicators and create channel dashboard to measure & report out progress on goals
- Define and optimize pay-out and incentive structure across segments to create most compelling combination to drive performance and ensure maximum profitability
- Strategically align community & referral channel to the larger marketing programs and plans
- Own and manage experiential and event layer-ups both online & in-person to further drive KPIs
- Define international & Spanish-language approach for community outside the US
- Work closely with brand marketing, product marketing, IT, finance and other cross-functional partners to execute plans
- Work in and optimize IIN’s community management platform for partners to ensure a frictionless experience to access performance, tracking codes & links, assets and marketing initiatives
- Lead & ideate more complex partnership negotiations for influencers, visiting faculty and publisher partners
- Design quantitative and qualitative research approach to gain on-going feedback from the community to continue to optimize the program
- Manage team of 2 to maximize efforts
Supervisory Responsibilities: Inspire and lead 2 direct reports
- 8+ years’ experience working in digital marketing, partnership collaborations, brand ambassador programs, or influencer marketing
- Excellent communication and relationships management skills
- Ability to compile data and use to drive action
- Strong understanding of community member tools to market including email, blogs & social media
- Growth marketing mindset, who can prioritize and identify business impacting plans
- Curious and creative thinker who can quickly learn the health & wellness space
Some of the benefits of working at IIN:
- Unlimited paid vacation days, with additional sick days, & generous parental leave
- Additional paid “Winter Break” vacation days between December 25 and January 1
- $3,000 annual paid commuter stipend bonus
- 401K plan with employer contribution of up to 5%
- Free lunches and snacks while working in office
- Health benefit plan that includes health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Free access to our educational offerings
- Heath Coach Reimbursement
- Weekly virtual wellness sessions, which have included virtual yoga and meditation classes
- A variety of seasonal health and wellness perks
The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) is the world’s leading integrative health platform with the largest global presence of Health and Life Coaches – over 160,000 coaches in 175 countries. IIN is on a mission to heal the world through unparalleled educational offerings as well as landmark partnerships, including Chopra Global (Chopra). An IIN education empowers you to transform your health, find your passion, and live your happiest, healthiest life.
Why work for us?
At IIN, our goal is simple: to attract and retain a workplace that includes a diverse group of talented people who come together to play a crucial role in improving health and happiness for everyone. In order to achieve this, we hire the best individuals from all different backgrounds and experiences. Our commitment goes beyond a diverse and inclusive workforce; we are also committed to diversity in our curriculum and teachings as well. We feel it enriches the experience for all our students and the community and in turn creates the ripple effect that transforms the world!
We are a mission-driven company striving to make the world a healthier and happier place! We have the culture of a start-up paired with the resources, stability and foundation of an established company with 30 years at the top of its field. We strive to be a company that walks the walk, with great perks and an amazing team of awesome, collaborative, and passionate colleagues!
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.