The Airbnb.org Marketing and Community team is responsible for building and nurturing the community of Airbnb.org Hosts and donors across marketing, recruitment and engagement, and overseeing the end-to-end Host and donor experience. We’re seeking an experienced senior leader to manage this team and the overarching strategy for how we deepen the commitment of our existing community, and inspire the next generation of Hosts and donors to further our organization’s mission of supporting communities in times of crisis. The senior marketing and community lead will manage three distinct functions: marketing and top of funnel awareness, Host and donor growth/recruitment, and Host and donor engagement.
The Airbnb.org Marketing and Community Lead will report into the Executive Director of Airbnb.org. The ideal candidate leads with an analytical mindset and has a depth of experience in growing and cultivating communities at scale, from early awareness into recruitment, activation and retention. They’re able to flex across marketing, community management, and creative and can drive collaboration across all of Airbnb Inc. and between product and operations to build programming that provides value and the best end-to-end experience for Airbnb.org Hosts and donors.
They’re an experienced people manager passionate about supporting career growth and managing a small and scrappy cross-functional team that spans across marketing, creative, engagement and recruitment.
This position is employed by Airbnb Inc., however the role will provide direct support to Airbnb.org, an independent 501c3 nonprofit that focuses on emergency response and provides temporary housing for people in times of crisis. Airbnb.org is governed by an independent board of directors and its mission is to unlock the power of sharing space, resources, and support in times of need.
The inspiration for Airbnb.org began in 2012 with a single host named Shell who opened up her home to people impacted by Hurricane Sandy. This sparked a movement and marked the beginning of a program that allows hosts on Airbnb to provide stays for people in times of need. Since then, the program has evolved to focus on emergency response and to help provide stays to evacuees, refugees, asylum seekers, and frontline workers fighting the spread of COVID-19. From Australia to France, hosts have offered to open up their homes and helped provide accommodations to over 100,000 people in times of need.
Commitment to diversity
Airbnb is committed to creating a world where anyone can belong. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; and women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and intersectional individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Own the holistic Airbnb.org Marketing and Community strategy and manage the Airbnb.org Marketing and Community team to execute their work across marketing, community engagement and recruitment
- Own the Airbnb.org Marketing and Community vision and roadmap, getting cross functional alignment on objectives and key results across the Airbnb.org team and key Airbnb.com stakeholders, including External Communications, Marketing, Host Communications and Community
- Build strong ties and strategic relationships with Airbnb.com Marketing, Community, Host communications, Global Sales, and Community Leadership to identify new opportunities to amplify and build the Airbnb.org brand and community within the Airbnb community to align and build towards mutually beneficial objectives
- Be creative and resourceful in identifying new ways to amplify the Airbnb.org Host and donor experience —define the opportunities, influence stakeholders to marshall the resources, and manage the team through execution
- Work with team to establish and embed brand vision, guidelines and value propositions across our marketing and community strategy and storytelling efforts
- Manage the Airbnb.org Marketing Lead in executing Airbnb.org’s marketing strategy to drive Host awareness, acquisition, activation and listing supply based on market needs.
- Manage the Airbnb.org Community Manager in executing Airbnb.org’s Host and donor engagement and retention programming, spanning across identifying and improving experience gaps in our product and programming, leading education programming, and driving our Host and donor communications strategy to share impact and deepen commitment to our program
- Invest in the career growth of direct reports and build a diverse and an inclusive environment across the team
- 12+ years of experience in Marketing and/or Community strategy, including leading teams; direct experience in the social impact, diversity and inclusion, nonprofit, CSR and/or government sectors a plus
- Track record across acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention across a variety of performance marketing and community strategies.
- Comfort working with data and accessing internal reporting tools.
- Flexible, entrepreneurial generalist who can oversee a wide breadth of marketing and community approaches and adapt tactics as needed
- Ability to lead with strong analytical and data-driven decision-making skills; ability to incorporate research and user data into strategy
- Ability to build and lead innovative end-to-end global strategy
- Proven ability to understand community needs, and turn that understanding into executable plans
- Fluency in lifecycle performance metrics, and an ability to work with them to understand near-term and long-term impact
- Experience working closely with Product teams to identify and influence opportunities to better support communities
- Ability to act with confidence and decisiveness and to lead and have influence over people and groups of widely varying disciplines and backgrounds, including technical and executive team members
- Experience incorporating diversity, equity and inclusion into strategy, management, and execution a strong plus
- A willingness to work across altitudes: from getting your hands dirty to make things happen, to presenting a vision to senior executives (i.e. managing projects and driving execution)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to be the spokesperson for the Airbnb.org community to Airbnb leadership and in external settings
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $185,000 and $230,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.airbnb.com.