Are you a detail-oriented community manager who enjoys building lasting relationships with vocal members of Builder communities, while providing resources and support to empower growth and advocacy within their communities? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a driven and passionate community manager to build and grow lasting relationships with key AWS community members and advocates.
This role will sit within our AWS Community Engagement and Developer Program organization. Our goal is to win the hearts and minds of developers around the world by meeting them where they are and providing the right technical education, tools, and resources to enable developer success.
As Developer Community Manager, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining symbiotic relationships with developers who are influential within AWS communities, providing them with tools and resources to expand their AWS knowledge and share technical insights within their networks. You will also be responsible for onboarding new Builders into existing AWS community programs. Ultimately you will act as a liaison between the global community of AWS Builders, and our internal Developer Marketing, Product and Developer Relations teams.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage relationships with key AWS Builders, and partner with these community leaders, fulfilling community program benefits and ensuring their experiences in AWS community programs are best-in-class.
- Partner with AWS Product teams to deliver educational activities to community members, expanding members’ AWS skillset and empowering further advocacy.
- Support program members’ technical content creation by providing platforms and mechanisms to expand the reach of their AWS content, both in-person and online.
- Identify and engage with new AWS Builders who may be a fit to join our community programs, and manage onboarding processes for new program members.
- Work closely with Global AWS Field Marketing and Developer Relations stakeholders, to scale support of community initiatives globally.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, marketing communications, community marketing, product management, and/or digital/high-technology companies/products
- 3-5+ years’ experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional programs
- A Bachelor degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study.
- Proven track record in building community engagement/advocacy programs.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility.
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion.
- The candidate must also be a leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If located within the city limits of Columbia, SC, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $118k -160k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.